Thursday, July 31, 2008

Looking forward to what is up ahead...

Well , holidays are coming to an end now. But it was indeed an unforgetable one. I had travel to China where I learned a lot of new things. Learn a new culture and get to travel to numerous places which i never dreamt going. The highlight was my trip to the Great Wall of China, it was really a magnificient sight. The 'Silk Street' was also an eye-opener as I got to experience first hand the 'art of bargaining'. It was definitely cool. Hahaha

I had also managed to get bronze for my silat competition. I am happy as it is the goal that I had set for myself. However, I did not win any matches..hehehe. My first round was already the quarters and I won due to disqualification of my opponent as he was under-weight. In my semifinal match, I met this 'boy' (boy because he was only 17 yrs of age) from RP. And he really 'trashed' me. Thus I lost the match. But the good thing was if you made thru to the semi-final round you automatically win a bronze. Am I lucky?

In my other free time, I met up with my friends and caught up with one another. Eating was the norm but what made this yr holiday different was that I went KOK.

I also just got back from KL where i enjoyed myself tremendously. The company was great and so was the food. I may sound crazy but when I was there i tried many restaurants that was available in my home country, Singapore. Some of teh food establishments that I went for were Subway, Carl's Jr and PastaMania. It was heavenly. I finally get to taste this food leagally (halal).

Overall, I enjoyed my holidays and luckily I am also looking forward to school life again.

No comments: