Friday, February 02, 2007

The Arrival of the participants of Survivor....

The mad rush starts on 18 January 2007. 4 Rtrs from RAC Curtin University and 2 Rtrs from Rac Kuching arrived at Senai airport at early morning that day. However I was having class on at that time. I had to rely to my faithful and ever dependent DRC John Ng to pick them up at Senai. They then headed back to Singapore towards Changi where they will be staying for the night. Thank you John for your help. Upon finishing my class, I headed to Changi from NIE to say hello to them. I stayed with them till late night and left for home for a good night sleep.

My class ended at 10.30 am on 19 January 2007. Lots was on my mind as it was the day of the conference. Will there be any last minutes back up from participants? Will the overseas rotaractors get lost? Was everything in order? Haiz so many things to worry about.

But there was no time for that. I need to pick up Rtr Neo (RAC Batu Pahat) from Kranji Mrt. Off I went and to pick him up with Dawn. Finally we reached the MRT and met with Rtr Neo. We headed for lunch at Woodlands and proceeded to Jurong Point to walk around. As I had to attend class again at 2.30 pm, I bid farewell to both of them and went to class.

While waiting for class to start, I decided to call Pres Greg from Rac Kota Melaka to see whether they are on their way. To my surprise, they are still in Melaka, waiting for a few more people to be ready. Now I am getting to worry, will they reach Singapore on time?

Opps class is about to start. Class ended early at 4 pm. I went down to IMM to pick up Dawn and Neo and headed for Camp Christine.... Ryan was there to greet me but there was so much setting up to do... The tables, logistic items and etc...

5.30pm: Ryan has to go to pick up the other participants from Kranji Mrt. And to my relief, my other committee members have arrived.....

Now I can breathe....phew....

No comments: